Over the years I’ve seen black people who were full of self hatred make a big change. Some gain black consciousness through books or films. But one thing I’ve noticed is that black people who really change their consciousness is that their lifestyle changes as well. As well as their opinions and world view. Here’s a short list of some of the things I went through during the elevation of my own consciousness. And things I’ve seen in others. Feel free to list any things that come to your mind in the comment section.
1.Many begin to have a stronger cultural pride. They may even change the way they dress or learn an African dialect. They start to talk about black power and black unity a lot more.
2. Many times their eating habits will change. As they gather more information on a holistic health they will stop eating at fast food restaurants and eat more fruits and vegetables. They eat organic food over GMO poison.
3.They will start to develop a thirst for knowledge. They will want to learn as much as possible about black history,black heroes and all the great African civilizations. Knowledge of self becomes very important.
4. After learning their true history they may become upset from the lies they were told by the “public fool system”. They realize(real eyes) they have been manipulated. After doing extensive research they have become “awaken” and can see through the lies and propaganda from the racist media and Hollywood.
5. After much studying they learn to appreciate the beauty and power of their melanin. They realized they are blessed to have sun-kissed skin and black genetics run through their veins.
6.They no longer hate their natural African textured hair. They now know their hair acts as an antenna. They know they have 9 Ether cosmic hair while other races have fur.
7. Interracial marriage(swirling) begins to look strange to their eyes. After realizing black power and unity are crucial….interracial couples look foreign to them. They see that many of their people suffer from mentacide and don’t realize they are destroying themselves by mating with other races.
8. As their consciousness grows so does their maturity level. They stop acting like little boys and girls and act like responsible men and women. They desire to have meaningful loving connections with black people. No more one night stands and casual flings. Whores(male or female) are not truly conscious beings.
9. They begin to study herbal medicine. They realize that hospitals aren’t in the business of curing people. They now know that herbal immunity is better than deadly vaccines. And that hospitals are disease management.
10. They know that Black Love,black unity and self respect is of utmost importance. They also realize that black people are the true standard of beauty and we are the original people of the planet. And the black man and woman need each other in this physical,spiritual and psychological war!
Last week I heard some co-workers talking about a new Netflix show,Luke Cage. It was two black co-workers going on about how it’s a show with a black superhero kicking ass. I already knew about the character because I used to read the Luke cage comic book as a kid. I don’t have Netflix but I’ve seen the show advertised on television a few times. For those that don’t know,Luke Cage first appeared in Marvel Comics back in 1972. He was also known as Power Man. The basic story on him is he is a black man living in Harlem. He was wrongly convicted and unjustly imprisoned, was altered in a failed prison experiment that granted him unbreakable skin and superhuman strength. His skin can resist high-caliber bullets, puncture wounds, corrosives, biological attacks, and extreme temperatures and pressures without sustaining damage. With his street smarts, and unending determination to do right. Luke was also a member of The Avengers and the Leader of Thunderbolts for a time.
I’ve always said that white superheroes were an extension of white supremacy. Which is why white Hollywood finds it important to give the masses heroes like Superman,Batman,Iron Man,Captain America and Thor. They all represent white power and authority. Which is why they always win in the end. It’s also to show white dominance over other races. So as teenager I liked reading comic books like the Black Panther and Luke Cage. Most children like to see an image of themselves in a strong and powerful position. But we have to be mindful of the image that Hollywood gives us of black people. There’s a few reasons why I don’t think this is a positive character for little black boys to admire.
The show stars actor Mike Colter as Luke Cage. As well as actors Alfre Woodard,Mahershala Ali,Rosario Dawson and Simone Missick. The trailer looks pretty good. It has some nice action scenes and a cool hip hop soundtrack. But one of the things that always disturbed me was Luke Cage was always fighting in the hood. That’s nice that he was fighting all the drug dealers and gang leaders. But he was using all that super strength and bullet proof melanin skin against other black people. Why not use all that power against the racist power structure? Why not expose the racist cops that kill black men,women and children? I know that drug abuse and crime is a problem in many of our neighborhoods. But it seems like they’re giving us an image of a powerful black man but he doesn’t really use it to free his people from racism and oppression. It’s almost like he’s just doing the dirty work for the powers that be but doing nothing for his people in a poor community.
And of course he must have a white girlfriend right? I will admit they did keep it true to the comic book. In the comic book his girlfriend is superhero Jessica Jones. They have a daughter together. She has her own show on Netflix as well. Jones is played by actress Krysten Ritter. Many of the sex scenes between them are quite graphic. But this theme goes in line with the Hollywood agenda I have covered many times before. Hollywood is scared of black love. They don’t like to promote it at all. They rather show a big strong dark skinned black man race mixing with a white woman and make biracial babies. The thought of two black people procreating scares the hell out of the white power elite. The want us to dilute our beautiful melanin and black genetics. It’s obvious with by all the rap music in the soundtrack they want to market this to young black boys. But this is not a show for black children. We want black superheroes that are proud of their African heritage and culture. We want heroes that marry black women and use their powers to protect their communities. What good is all that power if it’s not used for the good of your people? It would be better if Luke Cage went after people like Donald Trump,Hillary Clinton or Bill Gates. Or used his power to fight the European and Asian power groups. Taking out small time drug dealers is not making a big impact. A black superhero should represent Black Power.
But we shouldn’t be surprised after looking at Mike Colter’s real life wife(above). I guess that’s why he was perfect for the role. It shows the type of mentality he already has. Black people are so desperate for a hero many will accept a hero in any form. It doesn’t matter if the image or message is not productive for our people. The bottom line is this show is giving us the same old big Black Buck stereotype. Just a Buck for hire. Nothing more…nothing less. I would advise black boys to go read about real black heroes like Nat Turner,Marcus Garvey or Malcolm X. This show has nothing to offer you.