Just a dedication to all the beautiful black mothers out there. To all the wives,aunts,nieces,sisters and grandmothers across the world. I hope you enjoy the video. Here’s a very fitting poem by the great Marcus Garvey:
Where can I find love that never changes
Smiles that are true and always just the same,
Caring not how the fierce tempest rages,
Willing ever to shield my honored name?
This I find at home, only with Mother,
Who cares for me with patient tenderness;
She from every human pain would rather
Save me, and drink the dregs of bitterness.
If on life’s way I happen to flounder,
My true thoughts should be of Mother dear,
She is the rock that ne’er rifts asunder,
The cry of her child, be it far or near.
This is love wonderful beyond compare;
It is God’s choicest gift to mortal man;
You, who know Mother, in this thought must share,
For, she, of all, is Angel of your Clan.
My Mother is black, loveliest of all;
Yes, she is as pure as the new made morn;
Her song of glee is a clear rythmic call
To these arms of love to which I was born.
I shall never forget you, sweet Mother,
Where’er in life I may happen to roam;
Thou shalt always be the Fairy Charmer
To turn my dearest thoughts to things at home.
This is a great video by Dr Rick Wallace. He brings up the issue of silent condemnation when it comes to child molestation. This is an issue a lot of black people don’t want to deal with. Many people want to sweep it under the rug. There are too many black girls and boys molested in the black community and no one talks about it. No one wants to talk about the rape and incest that goes on. Many children grow up to be adults and never deal with the abuse. We also have to stop supporting entertainers like R&B singer R. Kelly and even hip hop pioneer Afrika Bambaataa. The black devils have to go!We can’t give our support to people that harm our children. What type of message does it send when we support this type of behavior? We got to do better family. For the sake of our children.
Did you hear about this? A fifteen year old black girl was raped on Facebook live! And people watched this and did nothing! This is disgusting! This is heartbreaking to say the least. Then when you think of the multiple black girls missing in Washington D.C. it makes matters much worse. I know a lot of are frustrated right now. We have to protect our children at all costs. They are being kidnapped for organ harvesting or being sex slaves. The possibilities are endless. We can’t let our babies be taken like this. It got me thinking if we need our own black militia groups. Maybe we need some type of black neighborhood watch across the country. We actually need it worldwide to be honest. But we need some type of organization from the grassroots level. And we need to expose any black person helping our enemies hurt our children. We need a code of conduct of in the black community. If you harm black children…you deserve DEATH! Whether you are a black man or woman for that matter. You are a traitor and must be dealt with harshly. We need the black warriors to stand up now. We can’t always rely on the police. We can give information to authorities if we have it. But we all know the police come after the fact. They show up after the incident is over. Which is we have to do some things on our own. We need to be properly trained on firearms. On how to use guns,knives and self defense tactics. We need our entire families trained in survival.
Do you think it’s important that black people know self defense? Should it be taught to our children? Do we need our own black neighborhood watch? Something needs to be done? We can’t just stand by and watch our children be raped and killed and do nothing. We have to protect them no matter what. Even at the cost of our own lives. I’m open to any ideas and suggestions. I would love to hear your thoughts on this urgent issues.
Happy Father’s Day to all the brothers out there. Much respect to the black men raising their children and being responsible parents. This is a great music video by rap group ED OG and Da Bulldogs. This was released back in 1991 and we need more songs like this on the radio.
Here are some suggestions to facilitate fathers to stay on the right path.
1. Fathers, should always be in prayer and pray with and for their children, families, and communities. Leading prayer openly and inclusive of all family and even community members.
2. Fathers, make mistakes, but own up and admit them. Fathers work to correct mistakes they have made. Working not to repeat them and modeling for the next generation.
3. Fathers, discipline children with love and not with physical violence, verbal degrading or emotional manipulation. Fathers should know their children and what type of relationship to build for the future.
4. Fathers, take their children to church and bible study to learn the Word of God.
5. Fathers, are not perfect so must ask God for wisdom, direction and discernment each day.
6. Fathers, don’t blame others for their weakness, but work to strengthen themselves in the Word of God.
7. Fathers, will not “follow the guys” when they are disrespecting women, this sets an inappropriate and dangerous model for their sons to follow and what their daughters should tolerate in behaviors.
8. Fathers, don’t block their children’s anointing with ungodly actions and behaviors.
9. Fathers, ask for discernment to recognize the signs of trouble before they happen. Modeling is important to guide behaviors.
10. Fathers, model respect for the church and work in the church.
11. Fathers, anoint their children with prayer for protection and mercy.
12. Fathers, model respect for their daughter on how to be treated.
13. Fathers, promote education in the household.
14. Fathers, talk to their children about drugs and sex before the street do.
15. Fathers, do not whine about what “HIS” daddy did not do for him, but follow a model indicative of Godly men.
16. Fathers, do not blame where he came from for his short-comings. He focuses on where he is going and the hard work necessary to get there.
17. Fathers, take the time to visit their children’s school and talk with teachers about their children’s progress.
18. Fathers, will happily sacrifice for their family so they may have what the need.
19. Fathers, accepts responsibility for their children’s actions. Remembering that the apple does not fall far from the tree.
20. Fathers, will go visit their children and spend time with them even though he may not be present in the home. Taking responsibility for a life that they helped create.
21. Fathers, aren’t afraid to show love, compassion and sympathy to their children, children still need reinforcement that they are loved and respected.
22. Fathers, spend time just being together with their children and doing things their children like and will remember, not just buying things that will be forgotten later in life.
23. Fathers, teach your child to be responsible and accountable for their actions.
24. Fathers must model and teach respect, honor, patience, ethics and fear of the Lord and man’s laws.
Article by William D. Jackson